Saturday 3 December 2011

Crafty Calendar Challenges December Challenge

Good morning all, two posts in a week I must be on a roll lol. 

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Calendar Challenges and this month the challenge is 'Cold & Frosty'

I decided to make a snow globe shaker card, I remember seeing a couple of these last year using stamped images and thought my god children would love one.

 I used the 'Carollers Come Singing' cutting file from Creative Kuts, I made the snow globe myself in SCAL 2 and the Merry Christmas was drawn with my Cricut using a SCAL 2 font. On the purple card at the bottom I stamped some different snowflake stamps with a Ranger Embossing Distress Ink Pad and then heat embossed them with Ranger Clear Distress Embossing Powder.




Supplies:-
A5 Card Blank - Craft Superstore
Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Papers - DCWV (I think)
Stamps - Various from Crafty Sentiment 'Sentiments'
Cutting File - Creative Kuts 'Carollers Come Singing'
Snow - Baker Ross 'Snow Shaker'
Ribbon - Anita's
Gems & I-Rock - Imaginisce
Embossing Ink & Powder - Ranger 'Distress' Range.

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Bling It On - Christmas
By The Cute & Girly - Let It Snow
Creatalicious - Christmas with Sparkle
Joanna Sheen - Christmas Wishes
Rainbow Lady's - Christmas Carol 'Let It Snow'
Fantabulous Cricut - Holiday Cards

Thanks for stopping by and please do pop over to the challenge blog and have a look at the other dt members creations.

18 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kim,
i love this cute card. Great colours and layout and fabulously sweet image.
hugs,
Fiona x

Paula said...

What a cute card Kim - love the snowglobe effect!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge!!!

Paula DT x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Kim, the image is so sweet
Clairexx

Georgia said...

This is such a fabulous Christmas card Kim! I really love the cute penguins and gorgeous embellishments! :) Love, Georgia xx

Larelyn said...

The penguins are adorable and I love the snow globe! Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Shell said...

Oh this is just to cute, thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month.
Shell xx

Rainbow Lady said...

They are such cute little chaps... lovely Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

Sherrie K. said...

Your singing penguins are adorable and I LOVE the snowglobe:)
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Such a cute card Kim! You are so Clever!!!

Jayne said...

Hi Kim,lovely to see you crafting again!Fabulous card.Love the snowglobe and penguins.
Jayne x

ElizabethR said...

Very cute, thanks for sharing at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Jen said...

Fun card Kim. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorges card

Debs said...

great card Kim..love the sweet image :0)...thanks for sharing with us at Bling It On..hugs Debs x

Kate said...

Great snowglobe, like the penguins. Thanks for sharing it with us at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **

Stephanie said...

Awww Kim, your card is truly delightful, gotta love those penguins! x

Enfys said...

Hi Kim, just popped over to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas, and a happy new year. Love your card!
hugs
Enfys xx

Helen Laurence said...

Happy New Year!!

I hope 2012 brings you all the crafty-ness you dream of ;0)

I'm starting the new year with a Half Price Sale on all my craft products HERE

Hugs Helen x