Thursday 29 March 2012

Moving Along With The Times 'Cute 'n' Cuddly

Good morning, I hope you are all this wonderful in the UK.

 I am currently away from home at the moment as we are due to complete the sale on our house in about 2 weeks and we still don't have anywhere to live! Luckily my aunt has a holiday home that we can move into temporarily so won't be on the street's but trying to find somewhere suitable for us and that meets my needs is becoming quite a chore which I am regretting starting. So before I go any further I would just like to apologize for not getting around all your blogs this week.

OK onto the matter in hand this week at Moving Along With The Times Deb set us the challenge of 'Cute N Cuddly'. I had this order for a new baby card and as soon as I saw this image aptly called 'Baby Elephant' from new designer Sheryl Brown of Redonkulous Designs I just had to use it. Now I know an elephant isn't your usual cute and cuddly animal but couldn't you just cuddle up to this one? This card needed to be flat as it is going to Australia so all I added for embellishments was the three gems.


I even remembered to photograph the inside but it is really quite plan but just as requested.




Supplies:-
6" Card Blank - Craft Superstore
Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Papers - Craft Creations
Image - Redonkulous Designs 'Baby Elephant'
Medium - Promarkers & Flexmarkers
Sentiment - Raindrop Echo Designs


Promarker & Flexmarkers Used:-
Elephant's Body & Ball - Lilac, Lavender, Soft Mauve
Ear, Cheeks, Feet & Ball - Baby Pink, Tea Rose
Nappy & Ball - Apple, Meadow & Honeydew


Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
CLP Challenge - Sketch


I will add some more challenges once I get home.


Oh just before I go we have the wonderful Di's Digi Downloads sponsoring us this week so a great prize is on offer so we want to see plenty of you playing along.

12 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Kim this is so sweet what a brilliant card, I love the Wee Elephant, Hes mega cute, Love Hxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

What a cutie, love it hun & the colours are fab!
Hugs Shell xx

hope your ok & not getting to stressed xx

DesignerDiva said...

I love your little elephant Kim its certainly cute! Great mix of papers and patterns it looks fab!
Hope you get sorted house wise, sounds like a bit of a task!
Hugs Laurie xx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Well I just got majorly side tracked there! Had to go peak where you got the image from and I am soo soo glad I have my own credit card that hubby doesn't know about lol. Love your card Kim and I am in love with this little fellow and the color combo :) Hope you have a great week and you find a home :$

Lisa Jane said...

oh that little ellie is so cute .. and coloured beautifully.
Fingers crossed you find somewhere to live soon.. do you have an OT to help you?
Lisa x

Sue B said...

Oh this is SO cute Kim! he's an adorable little ellie!! I love your soft colouring to match those delish papers. It's a perfect card!
I hope you find a house soon - it must be really stressful.
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Mau xx said...

What a sweet card Kim, I love the cute image. super colour combo too and love the sentiment,an adorable card xxxxx
Hugs Mau xx

Judith said...

Aw cute card kim love this little guy - hes definately cute and cuddly - love the colours hugs judith x

Pami said...

Love this cute guy! Gorgeous card and beautiful soft colours. Hope you manage to find something suitable very soon, hope you are ok. P x

Debs said...

Adorable cute image Kim - so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for such a fabulous make for my challenge this week.
Have a fab day.
Debs xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Lovely card, thanks so much for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces!

Hugs Tanja

Mandy said...

This is such a cute card Kim I love the sweet ellie,beautiful colours...Hope you get sorted with a new house soon...Take care...
Mandy x