Saturday 6 April 2013

My Time To Craft 'Clean & Simple' Challenge

Good morning everyone, well the weather is certainly better here so I hope it is better where you are. Another week has past so quickly, it will be Christmas before we know it lol.

This week at My Time To Craft we have set the challenge as 'Clean & Simple', so that means minimum amount of embellishments and lots of white space on the card. 

I stamped my image of Sweet 'n' Sassy by Elisabeth Bell straight onto my card blank which I had already cut out the border onto using my Spellbinder Edgeabilities dies. I coloured my image with Promarkers & Flexmarkers but unfortunately shading was a little difficult on this card. Then added a couple of sentiments and a strip of gems. That's it, job done although I still wanted to add more but I don't consider myself a crafter who uses lots and lots of embellishments. I think it is because there is no backing paper.

Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Boyes
Gems - Dovecraft

Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink & Putty
Hair - Cocoa & Cinnamon
Hat & Trousers - Tan, March Hare & Light Fawn
Top, Belt & Hair Bows - Pink Lobster, Shocking Pink & Frosted Pink
Leaves - Leaf Green & Green Shoot
Flowers - Yellow, Lemon & Ivory

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Dutch Dare - Birthday Fun
Addicted To Stamps & More - Clean & Simple
Divas By Design - Spring Colours
Elphine House - Punch It
Simon Says Stamp - Happy Birthday
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
A Little Bit Crafty - Anything Goes

That's all from me today. I should have my Crafty Calendar Challenge card for you today but unfortunately time has evaded me this week, I lost a day lol. I will hopefully have it ready either later today or tomorrow so see you soon.

20 comments:

Claire said...

This is really sweet - love the image. Hugs, Claire x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

love that image always did :)
sweet card!

Judith said...

this is so sweet Kim and just perfect as it is - some cards are just sooo busy and the simple look looks great to me hugs Judith x

Pat said...

Beautiful Kim, lovely image, great colours and sentiment.

Pat xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so sweet, what a great card, love it, Hope alls well, Love Hazelxo

Sue B said...

Aww this is SO sweet Kim… she's gorgeous and you've coloured her beautifully! I love the CAS design and the border with gems finishes it off perfectly! :-)
it's a real treat to see some sunshine... hope Spring is finally on it's way....
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Ann said...

She is simply adorable! I love the expression on her face! Beautiful coloring!!

Unknown said...

Super sweet card. I love the image and the coloring. Even though it is a CAS card the border really gives it a more embellished look. Thanks for joining us this week at the Dutch Dare.

Sandra said...

Sweet card Kim, lovely image and great coloring!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Loll said...

Sweet image and lovely sentiment. Beautiful butterfly die-cut border. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll :)

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, love this sweet image...thanks for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty with our first challenge of Anything Goes and good luck.
Wendy xx

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Kim as was your MAWTT DT card! Made it at last, it's so difficult with a dodggy laptop. Have a good week.
Hugs
Carole xXx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, fab image & colours!
Hugs Shell xx

Jingle said...

This is so sweet! Very nice coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Rachel said...

Cute image!
Wedgie xxx

MagsB said...

I love that image, I think you've coloured her beautifully! I love the die-cut edging on your card, too!

love Mags B x

Danielle Vincent said...

Darling image, great colors, fun bling and I LOVE that border on the bottom! Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M

Julia said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Julia

CraftinGranny said...

Such a sweet image and I love how you've off set the image and the sentiment. Great punched border! Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia and we hope to see you back again soon. "Hugs" Carol

Audhild said...

Your card is beautiful. Beautiful punched border.
Thank you for joining the EHA challenge

Hugs, Audhild