Tuesday 22 April 2014

My Time To Craft 'Up, Up & Away' Challenge

Oh my goodness this post should of gone live on Saturday and I have just noticed it still in draft, I scheduled it and all but obviously forgot to press publish! This is the first chance I have had to look as we had our grandson to stay for the weekend and boy did he wear us out. He is not 2 until August yet he really is behaving like a terrible 2 year old lol, throwing a hissy fit when you tell him no. He did make us laugh as he didn't want to sleep in his cot but would happily curl up in the dog's bed with them, my daughter in law said we should of left him there for the night as the dog's were happy to have him. 

OK so this week at My Time To Craft we are going 'Up, Up & Away' which means we would like to see anything that goes in the sky however if you are using a bird or butterfly it must be the main focal point on the card. 

For my card I went with a hot air balloon and found this great 3d style one which I love as it folds flat to go in an envelope. It is a 5" x 7" card and I have left the sentiment tag blank as not sure who this will be for as yet. This was super easy to make and I used my scraps from the Echo Park Walk In The Park collection.

My card is straight it is just the angle I must have took it at.
Supplies:-
Card Stock - Lidl
Designer Papers - Echo Park 'Walk In The Park'
Brads - Papermania


Side view showing the 3d effect of the balloon.

See you all soon and have a wonderful week.

5 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW I love your card its brilliant, Golly it sounds like you had your hands full over the weekend, Ahh wee cutie wanting to sleep with the woofs!! Love Hazelxo

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Kim, love what you have done with the design of the balloon. Hugs, Claire x

Nana said...

How exciting to have the baby for the weekend. I remember just a few years ago when Corin was that age. I would be dead by the end of the day. I know now why we are meant to have children when we are younger. I love your card. Beautiful papers and love the 3D effect.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just love this hun, the papers are perfect!
Hope your fully recovered from your grandson invaded weekend!
Hugs Shell xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi there Kim - just visiting from Crafty Calendar. I have to say this this is really wonderful - I love the hot air balloon idea - mine would have just been flat - duh!! This is super.

I have just become your latest follower.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx