Thursday 30 October 2014

Natalie & Amy's 'Stitch It' Challenge

Good morning, I hope you are all well and enjoying this mild weather we are having at the moment. 

As soon as I saw the challenge this month at Natalie and Amy's I knew what I wanted to do. I absolutely love this image and had found the dress form in the Silhouette Store to match it awhile ago, I added the stitching down the middle and across the waist to match the image. I also added stitching to the image and mat layer along with around the border strip across the middle.


Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy's
Card Stock - Stash
Designer Papers - First Edition 'Blank Canvas'
Sentiment - Silhouette Sketch Pen
Medium - Promarkers, Flexmarkers & Spectrum Noir Pencils
Die Cuts - Sewing Form #55090 by Carta Bella & Stitched Borders #54857 by Sarah Hurley
Buttons - Stash
Bakers Twine - Dovecraft 'Tea Party'
Adhesive - Collall All Purpose

All items in RED available in the online store now.

Promarkers, Flexmarkers & Spectrum Noir Pencils Used:-
Mice - Ice Grey 1 & 3, Blue Grey 1, Sorbet, 30, 112 & 118
Material & Thread - Pale Blossom, Sorbet, 30 & 34
Dress Form - Tan, March Hare, Linen, 03, 05 & 94
Machine - Pastel Green, Aquamarine, March Hare, Linen, 03, 05, 61, 62,63 & 94
Table - Linen, 03 & 07

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes 03/11
Robyn Fetish - Faux Or Real Stitching 01/11
Card Mania - Buttons 31/10
Bunny Zoe's - Animals 10/11

Now it is your turn, lets see all your stitching.

6 comments:

Judith said...

Hi Kim - just love this image and the layout is fabulous with that dressmakers dummy -just love it hugs judith x

MagsB said...

Aww, so cute, Kim! What an adorable image!! As an amateur dressmaker I really appreciate it!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog! The Lea is very pretty now, especially round the RSPB bird reserve in Rye House near where I live. At this time of year when the leaves are changing it's beautiful!

love Mags B x

Nance said...

THis is too too cute! Great stitching! And that image just adorable! Thanks for sharing at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Nance, DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous missus, love the colours & the dress form is perfect!
Hugs Shell xx

Nana said...

Love it. Would look good hanging in my craft room. Look at the adorable mice.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh MY GOSH...how cute!! I love how you mimicked the stitching on the dress form. Those busy mice make me smile.