Saturday, 14 February 2015

My Time To Craft 'Oriental' Challenge

Good morning, I hope you are all well.

It is time for a new challenge over at My Time To Craft and this week we are going all 'Oriental' one of my least favourite subjects to craft to. I had nothing to fit this challenge so off I went to my local craft store which is run by Mark & Jo Channon (Jo is from Create & Craft for those of you that watch it) and at first Jo was as blank as me until we went rummaging around the store. I decided on the Tattered Lace Die called Oriental Birdcage and those coins you see in the photo. 

I cut the die in white card stock and then painted it in Rich Gold Cosmic Shimmer and did the same to my card stock to get the perfect colour match. I found the script on the fan on Google and just cut, folded and inked to get to look the way it does. For my background I cut a bamboo stencil on my Silhouette Cameo and then inked it with Bundled Sage, Old Paper & Frayed Burlap Distress Inks masking off sections until it was all completed and although it took some time to do it this way I like the effect it gave. The sentiment was also found on Google and a little bit of twine to carry my coins and it was done.
All items used linked below photo.

Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy
All Card Stock - Limetree Crafts
Script & Sentiment - Google
Coins & Twine - Let's Create

Ok now let's see what you can make.

9 comments:

Nana said...

BEAUTIFUL Kim. Love the papers and really love the fan. Happy Valentine's my friend.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

MagsB said...

This is so lovely, Kim, I love the paper and the fan gorgeouslove Mags B x

MagsB said...

Ooops! I meant 'the fan IS gorgeous!' I am such a silly billy lol!

love Mags B x

Ann said...

Very pretty, Kim - love the fan!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Super oriental card Kim, great design.

Pat xx

Penny Light said...

Lovely. It looked like it was a subject you didn't like. Well done!

Scrapper69 said...

That turned out wonderful Kim! See you had nothing to worry about! You came up with something amazing! :)

Theresa

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous hun...love your fan, great idea & that birdcage is gorgeous!
Hugs Shell xx