Saturday 21 May 2011

Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge

Good afternoon I hope the weather is lovely where you are, it has been a really beautiful day here, the sea is so very calm and has just a lovely cool breeze coming off of it.
I have this card which was a special request and my normal type of creation but hey ho the person who ordered it loved it so that's all that mattered.

They wanted an old fashioned style camper van which I didn't have but when I showed them this image they said it would be perfect if they could have the caption 'Are We There Yet' on it as well as this is what used to drive their dad mad when they were young.


I welded to of the caravan's together so that it could lift up to show the caption beneath. The windows of the car also have acetate in them so that a photo can be slipped in behind them.

Supplies:-
Cardstock - Bazzill
Cricut - Pack Your Bags Cartridge for the 'Car & Caravan'
Cricut - Heritage  for the wording 'Dad'
Embossing - Cuttlebug 'Tiny Bubbles'
Buttons for the wheels - Stash
Gems - Unknown Stash
Sentiment - Crafty Sentiments 'Patch & Stitch'

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Simply Sunday With K Andrew - Retro Dad
Cricut Cardz Challenge - For A Male & With Wheels

Thank you for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE THIS! It's so darn cute, great job. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs,
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this card Kim... great colors... HUGS...SK :)

Unknown said...

Ha, very cool. I love the way the camper lifts up for the sentiment. Neat idea
Thanks for playing along on our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs
Brenda Getting Cricky DTM-Coordinator
Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

So cute, I just love the camper, I don't have this cart, almost makes me want to purchase it just for that reason, thanks so much for joining CCC!

Barb Smith said...

Really cute idea for the card. Congrats. Thanks for joining us for this challenge.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
CCC Design Team #2

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Super adore this card. Just perfect. The colors are fab too.

Thanks for playing along @ CCC.