Thursday 24 May 2012

Moving Along With The Times Celebrate Challenge

Good morning all and it really is a good morning, the weather is lovely. The first time the sun has shone since we have been at this holiday home and we finally have a moving date YAY. We will be moving on Monday with our furniture arriving on Tuesday. The only downside is that we can't get our phone or internet on until 11th June so I will be missing for a couple of weeks. 

Anyhow onto the matter in hand, it is my week to set the challenge at Moving Along With The Times and I chose Celebrate but NO BIRTHDAY'S so that means new baby, new home, wedding, anniversary or anything else you want to celebrate except birthdays.

The design team did a fabulous job this weeks with their creations, thank you ladies.

I set out to make a baby card for a friend that is due a little girl in a couple of weeks and first of all I remembered I didn't have any ribbon or lace here so went to buy some but all I could get was what I have added temporarily as I just don't think it works well. Then the sketch I chose had a tag element to it, which I love but I usually cut tags on my Cricut using SCAL 2 but that is on my computer which is in storage and I only brought about 5 cartridges with me and  would you believe not one of them has a tag on them. So I have made a makeshift tag for now and will change it out once I have my supplies back.


Supplies:-
6" Card Blank - Boyes
Card stock - Bazzill
Designer Papers - Craft Creations
Image - Belles 'n' Whistles 'Sweet Dreams'
Medium - Promarkers & Flexmarkers
Dies - Spellbinders 'Classic & Scallop Ovals' & 'Edgeabilities'
Embossing - Crafts Too 'Hearts'
Eyelet - Dovecraft
Charm & Bling - Stash
Ribbon - Craftmania

Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Skin - Apricot, Oatmeal & Blush
T-shirt, Shorts & Socks - Watermelon, Cocktail Pink & Baby Pink
Hair - Cinnamon, Tan & March Hare

Challenges I Would Like To Enter:-
I Love Promarkers - Use Die Cuts
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryls - Favourite Colour Combe (Pink & Brown)
Bunny Zoe's - Anything Goes
My Craft Spot - Congratulations
Ooh La La - Ribbon or Twine
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Girlie Time
Fussy & Fancy - New Baby
Hotshot Craft - Die Cuts

As I have said before sorry for not getting around to leave comments for you all, I have seen most of your posts but with this slow internet it just takes too long .

Thanks for stopping by.

18 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Well its about time you get a date, I am really missing our chats & giggles....hurry up back missus!
Fab card, love it as it is, so keep ya hands off it lol!!
Chat soon hun
hugs shell xx

DesignerDiva said...

It's a super card Kim and personally I don't think you need to change anything! Really cute image Hunny.
Good luck with the move, it will all be worth it when its over!
Hugs Laurie xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh it's so sweet what a gorgeous Ge and I love that border. Hope all goes well with the move.
Lisa x

Sue B said...

Aww this is So sweet Kim! what an adorable image! I love the papers and the embossing and pretty border and charm - all just perfect!
Hope all goes well with your move!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Claire said...

Really sweet card Kim, love your image and fab layout. Hugs, Claire x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah so cute, Love it, Good Luck with the move, Love Hxxx

Ani said...

Really beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along at BMD this wek! Ani
P.S. I have a candy on my blog if you're interested http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a fabulous baby card. . . .and congrats to your friend!
This is beautifully colored...............Love, love, love it!
FAB color combo. Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.

Karen said...

Lovely and just so cute! thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
x

craftymum said...

Wonderful card.Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Die Cuts Challenge.

Hugs sarah x

Anonymous said...

What a totally sweet card! I love the pink and black together. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.
Hugs,
Beth

Purple Crazy said...

aahhh such a cute card, thanks for sharing at OLLCB x

GiGi said...

Beautiful card! I love the decorative edge with the charm and embossing! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Karen said...

I love everything about this card. Pink and black are one of my favorite color combo's. The image is adorable and the embossed background and charm really finish this card off. Thank you for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Great challenge this week Kim and I do so love your card! Love the pink and the choc and the image is so sweet (though I would not be able to walk for a week if I slept in that position now days) pmsl :)

Lorraine said...

Really cute card, and pretty colours. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ Promarkers.
Lorraine B x

Ann English said...

Precious! I hope that soon I'll need a card just like this for my daughter-her baby is due tomorrow, and she's pretty sure it's a girl!!! Darling---loving pink these days :)
I am so glad you joined us for the "Fave Color Combo" challenge at Sassy Cheryl's this week!

Tracey said...

What an adorable stamped image...so pretty, love the embossing. Great card!