Saturday 6 July 2013

Crafty Calendar Challenge 'Colour' Challenge

Good morning. Finally summer has arrived and boy is it hot. David my hubby went for a trial flying lesson yesterday, brought for him by my son and daughter in law for Father's Day and what a beautiful day he chose to do it. We all had a lovely time sitting in the field watching him whilst Harley merrily crawled around and ate the grass lol plus David thoroughly enjoyed the experience too so well worth it.

It is the first Saturday of the month and that mean's it is time for another challenge over at Crafty Calendar Challenge and this month we are challenged to use the 'Colours' shown below.
We have a great sponsor this month in Hannah Lynn who gave us some images to play with but I unfortunately couldn't get them to print properly. I have a new printer and I think the settings are not set correctly yet and don't think it has anything to do with the image's themselves.

For my card I was very unsure where I was going with it to start with but it just seemed to evolve and now I love it! I cut the background on my Silhouette Cameo using the 'Swirl Background' by Loni Leah Designs and the 'Underwater Scene' which is by Sarah Bailey. I have used another of my adorable Elisabeth Bell stamps, this one is called 'Oceanessa Mermaid'. The card looks a little spotty in the photo, this is due to it having been sprayed with a glitter but it just doesn't show the shine.

Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Boyes
Card Stock - Bazzill

Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Skin - Oatmeal, Apricot & Blush
Hair - Saddle Brown, Cocoa, Nutmeg & Cinnamon
Tail - Turquoise, Marine & Island Lagoon
Seahorse - Tan, March Hare, Light Fawn, Cappuccino, Caramel & Sandstone

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Heck Of A Challenge - The Sea
Bloggers Challenge - Own Background
Brown Sugar - At The Beach
Polkadoodles - Own Background
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - 2 Word Sentiment
Crafting For All Seasons - Girly
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Love Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes

I am off to a garden party this afternoon with my mum which will make a nice change especially as I haven't seen her for over a week. That is after I have taken Sophie 6 and Samuel 5 my step grandchildren home as they stayed the night with us and we have had a lovely time together.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

17 comments:

Angel said...

What a sweet card! Love that image and the little fish you added! Thanks for playing with us at SACC!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is so pretty . I love the cut background
Thanks for joining us at Heck of a Challenge this month
Lisa x

Bev said...

Beautiful card, cute image thanks for joining us over at polkadoodles.

Blossom Cards said...

what a cute card I love the image you have used thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week happy crafting to you
Rachel DT http://blossomcards.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Smashing card hunni.

Love the image and the background that you created with the cameo.

Thank you for sharing with us at Brown Sugar.

Good luck

Tracey DTxxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty Elisabeth Bell card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

~ginny said...

I absolutely love that you put this on the speckled paper Kim! Makes it look like sand everywhere! The background die cut is gorgeous and most fitting for this image.
Glad you are sharing your project in the “TWO Word” Sentiment Challenge.
~ginny g
Design Team – Aud Sentiments
RubberMAD (http://ggetty.blogspot.com/)

Mau xx said...

What a Super card Kim, I love the background and fabulous colour combo.
Glad hubby enjoyed his flying.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love the swirl BG piece cut from the Silhouette, it's just perfect for your image! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Anjie said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Anjie

Shanna Shands said...

wonderful job. I love that teal background paper. Your image is cute too. Thanks for sharing at LovesRubberstamps!!!

Tammy said...

This is sooo cute Kim!! I love that Silhouette background and what a sweet image! I hope you had a nice weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details ! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the image and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Heck of a challenge this month, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous little mermaid card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Sandra said...

This is a gorgeous card and I love the background.
Our challenge is Two Words this time tho.
Thanks for joining in at Aud Sentiments
xxx

Karrie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the details!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sister Act Card Challenge!!