Saturday 10 January 2015

My Time To Craft 'Stripes' Challenge

Hello all.

It's Saturday so that means it is time for another challenge at My Time To Craft and this week we are looking for 'Stripes' on your projects. 

I did something very different (for me anyway) with this card.  I started by printing my sentiment and then cutting the piece of white (it really is white and I am not sure why it looks blue) card to 14.5 cm's square, next I took some micropore tape (that is the stuff you use to hold a bandage or gauze in place) and taped it to my craft mat. Using my blending tool and some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink I set about creating my stripes. Using the grid lines on my mat I placed micropore across my card on every centimetre line and used this as the bottom guide and then placed another piece about 0.5 cm's above thus giving me a section to ink. I continued across the card moving my micropore every centimetre until I got this effect, you can see some of the edges are a little jagged that is where I didn't change the tape soon enough and it began to bleed. This was a fun card to make, I added the frame cut on my Silhouette just to finish it off.    

Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy's
Card Stock - Limetree Crafts

That's all for today.

8 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW!!!! Just love t hun, its perfect!
Gonna have to pinch your idea lol
huge hugs Shell xx

Pat said...

Great card Kim, super sentiment.

Pat xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful card, super sentiment :)

Ann said...

Great way to make stripes...and the sentiment is just perfect!

Danielle Vincent said...

Absolutely agree and I am that friend who always has chocolate :O) I am in awe of your hand done stripes Kim. Wow! Gorgeous creation. Hugs D

Jo said...

That sentiment is definitely true! Love the CAS look of your card

MagsB said...

Loving your CAS card, Kim, what a great sentiment! The stripes look fantastic, it must have taken an age to do them, but well worth it!!

love Mags B x

Nana said...

You took the words right out of my mouth with this fabulous card. Love the sentiment.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥