Tuesday 2 June 2009

Sketch Saturday Challenge & Dustin Pike Blog Candy

Over on Dustin Pike's Blog he is offering some lovely prizes as candy BUT there is a catch you have to make a card to send to a child on Postpals. Now as most you probably know by now this is a really worthwhile cause, if you have not heard of them pop on over and take a look. I for one have sent off several cards already but I could not refuse another especially as there is candy on offer.

I have used the sketch from Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog where they are celebrating their first Birthday this week. Happy Birthday to you all. There is a lovely birthday prize from 'The Craft Barn' and the design team members are each offering a giveaway themselves this week.

As I could not fit all my image onto my largest oval nestie, I printed it one white cardstock, coloured it, cut it out and then stuck the dragon to the oval and the kite higher up on the card. I used foam pads in sizes 3mm, 2mm, and 1mm to give a gradient effect and then drew in the string on myself with a black letraset fine line pen.



Sorry about the photo it looks really dull but it is actually lime green

I have used:-

6" square card blank - Craft Superstore

Backing Paper - DCWV 'Blossoms & Butterflies'

Mat & Layers - Coredinations 'So Mod'

Image - Dustin Pike freebie download

Colours - Promarkers

Sentiment - Papemania

Die - Nestabilities Large Classic Oval & Large Scalloped Oval

Ribbons - Crafty Ribbons

Punch - Xcut Ribbon Threader

Gems - Anita's Gem Wheel & moon & star from stash.

Thanks for looking and I hope you like my card, all comments welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!! Fab job with the coloring!! ;)

tracie said...

Oh what a fun card, love this adorable image and the gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us this week at SS and your kind comments.. Good luck with my surprise candy
hugs
Tracie :)x

LOUISE said...

Fab card Kim, love the sweet dragon. Louise x

Lilacanglia said...

What a wonderful card,
love the colours,
Yes, I did have a email read out,
I loved them scarves but cant be asked to do my own, So hope they pick me out for one,
Hugs
Angie

Lilacanglia said...

Have left a little something for you on my blog,
Thanks for being a great blogging friend,
Hugs
Angie

COCO said...

wo very fabulous card and nice coloring !!!!
Thanks for joining in at SS this week and for entering for my surprise bag!
Hugs COCO

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card. hugs rachxx

Jeanette said...

Lovely card! the image is so cute!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturdays this week and for entering for my surprise gift bag.
Hugs Jeanette