Sunday 15 August 2010

Crafty Sentiments Week 31 Challenge DT Card

Warning this is a long post!!

Good morning on this bright Sunday morning. Another week has passed already I just don't know where they are going but I am still resisting the urge to buy Christmas presents as yet lol. We are onto our 31st week of challenges over at Crafty Sentiments Challenge Blog and the challenge this week is to use the colours 'Tan, Light Blue and Olive Green'. I found this really difficult at first (well it is a challenge lol) but eventually came up with this card using one of the new Crafty Sentiments Digi Images called 'Flopsy In The Rain'.

I used a 6" card blank and matted coredinations cardstock along the base having scalloped the edges with an Xcut punch. I coloured my stamped image with Promarkers and then used the blender pen on his fur. The image was matted on two more lots of cardstock with just one corner rounded on each layer. The umberella was cut on my Cricut using the Everyday Paper Dolls cart at 3" from olive green cardstock.
I haven't added a sentiment as yet and will do this upon use.

Please hop on over to the Challenge Blog and have a look at the other design team projects, I know you won't be disappointed.

Also did you know we now have a seperate challenge blog for the digi images, pop over to Crafty Sentiments Digital Designs and see what they have been up to.

Lastly before I go I wanted to give you a few sneak peak's at some new digital papers and Christmas stamps that will be available in the Crafty Sentiments Shop soon so watch this space.





Well that's it folks thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day.

6 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kim,
This is a really sweet card. I love the images.
Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs,
Fiona x

pinky said...

You did a great job with those colours, way better than me mrs lol.
Pinky

Heather said...

Cool card, especially considering the colours were a challenge! I love the scalloped punches on the side and what a gorgeous umbrella! Heather :)

Christine said...

Adorable card! I see you're getting a lot of use out of your Cricut! I sadly haven't used mine much lately. :(

Georgia said...

Great card Kim, I love the cute image and the colours are lovely! :) Love, Georgia xx

Mandy said...

Hi Kim,
Fab card, really cute image and I love the colours...Great sneek peeks love the papers...
Thank you for all your lovely comments last week while we were up in your part of the world,we had such a great time we will visit again...
Mandy xx