Sunday 20 June 2010

Crafty Sentiments Week 23 Challenge DT Card

Good morning, I hope you are all well this morning. Today's challenge starting over at Crafty Sentiments Challenge Blog this week is a sketch challenge. Before we get to my card I wanted to make you aware of some changes to the challenge rules, here is what Suzette had to say:-
'There is a slight change to the rules we will allow you to use any stamp you wish for now and will review the rules at the end of the year. I will be offering some of the images as digital downloads so you can start collecting the Crafty Sentiments Stamps. I will also be offering 1 free digi download a month so you can start using our stamps on your cards/ projects'.
So don't forget to pop over to the Crafty Sentiments Challenge Blog and pick up your free digi today. This weeks sketch is also a nice easy sketch to follow so now there really is no excuse for not joining in!!

Here is the sketch which you can rotate or flip if you wish.
Then here is my card
As soon as I saw this Amy stamp it reminded me of the beach or a swimming pool where she would be dangling her feet into the water, I was going to draw some water in but decided against it in case it looked silly lol.
Supplies:-
Cardstock - Paper Mill Shop
Designer Paper - DCWV 'Spring Stack'
Image & Sentiment - Crafty Sentiments 'Barefoot Amy'
Medium - Promarkers
Flowers - Prima
Brad - Papermania
Gems - Ebay
Shells - Cricut 'Stretch Your Imagination'.

Don't forget to pop by the challenge blog to pick up your free digi and while your there have a look at all the wonderful creations the other design team girls have made.

6 comments:

Karen Tallon said...

awwww that's gorgeous Kim, well done! I'll have a go at the challenge too. Take care xx

Christine said...

Adorable! It makes me want to go to the beach!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Mandy said...

Hi Kim,
Love the colours on this card...Great image and colouring and the embellishments are perfect....
Mandy xx

Enfys said...

Super card Kim, love the way you cut the shells for embellishments,
big hugs
En xx

Georgia said...

Such a lovely card Kim, I love the bright, summery colours and the flowers and shells are gorgeous! :) Love, Georgia xx

Sarah B said...

Hi Kim, Thnaks for all your lovely comments. In answer to your question about colouring the teddy bear. I usually experiment and hope for the best!!! But I think it was a misture of both, I sometimes use the blender pen first where i want the image to stay white and then, like with this image use the sandstone to colour but not all the way. I have a philosophy, Its only ink and card, if it doesn't work I'll try again. If I get chance I'll post a quick tutorial this weekend, Take care honey, hugs Sarah b X