Saturday 15 January 2011

More Than Favours Challenge

Good afternoon ladies. I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Today I have a little card and gift box for you to view which I made using my Cricut.

My daughter asked me if I would make a gift box for one of her service users who wanted to propose to his neighbour. This gentleman is 82 bless him and his neighbour is thought to be approximately 75, he has asked her to marry him so many times but she keeps refusing saying she can never replace her deceased husbands ring. So for Valentine's Day he got my daughter to buy loads of bags of Haribo sweets just so he could take out all the rings from them. He has 365 rings and says that the lady in question won't have to replace her much loved husband's ring she can eat one of his everyday lol. Not sure what she gets next year!! 
You have to laugh at it but they are both such a lovely couple and adore my daughter like a grand daughter. My daughter is going into full time university in February to finish her nursing course and she has told this gentleman that he will be getting a new nurse but he was not happy at all, she has had to promise to continue to go and see him but not everyday like she now does lol.


This is the gift box and tag which was all I set out to make but then I used an idea I got from Diane over at Capadia Designs which is to use the negative of a cut to make something else. That means no waste and these left overs were so pretty. I kept the pieces left on my Cricut mat after I had taken off all the pieces I needed to make the gift box and used these to make the little card below.


Supplies:-
Cardstock - Bazzill
Cricut - Provocraft
Cricut Design Studio - Provocraft
Rub On - Poundland
Heart Gems - Stash

Cricut Cuts:-
All from the Wedding Cartridge
Pillow Box - 7 1/2" with detail contour hidden
Scalloped Heart - 3"
Ornamental Heart - 2 3/4"
Tag - 2"
This was all laid out on the Cricut Design Studio to get the right sizes to fit and hide the selected contours.

I would like to enter this into the Wacky Wednesday Challenge where Paula set the challenge of 'Gift & Treat Bags'.

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kim,
These are gorgeous. Wondeerful creations on your cricut.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Diane said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for letting me know about your gift box and the "leftovers" card. Isn't it fun to get a second lovely thing from the same cut and it makes you feel "environmentally friendly" too! I always love to see that someone is making use of the ideas I post!

The box and the card are beautiful and I loved the story about the gentleman and his sweetheart!

Tracey said...

Very pretty gift set Kim....I to like the idea of using the negative left overs:)TFS

Pamela Lash said...

Very elegant work!

Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations

Christine said...

Wow, you've had a busy weekend!!! Love all your creations and happy to see you use your cricut more. That heart image is beautiful and I LOVE the story!!!

Karen Tallon said...

oh Kim thats such a lovely story, Your creations are beautiful as usual, but the story about Vicky's gentleman and lady friend is so touching, I hope she accepts him, you must let us know!
Well done! xx

More Than Favors said...

Kim this is just lovely!!! Thank you for joining the Wacky Wednesday Challenge!

Happy Crafting,
Paula
Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

JustYolie said...

Lovely card, didn't realize the wedding cart had this heart. :)