Thursday 21 February 2013

Moving Along With The Times 'Sketch' Challenge

Good morning everyone, thanks for stopping by. This is going to be a short post from me as I am struggling at the moment with pain and the increased medication is making me very sleepy and generally urgh.

This week at Moving Along With The Times Shell gave us a lovely easy sketch to work with. As soon as I saw the image's that Meljen Designs our sponsor this week had given us to work with I immediately knew what I would make.


I chose Romance Diva as I am certainly not a skinny woman and have plenty of let's say curves lol so it is the perfect image for me to make my hubby an anniversary card. 

Can you spot the mistake on my card??
Well did you notice the paper across the middle is upside down, now to decide whether to correct it or leave it and see if hubby notices!!

Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Boyes
Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Papers - Papermania 'With Love'
Image - Meljen Designs 'Romance Diva'
Sentiment - Crafty Sentiments
Gems - Stash


 Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Skin - Oatmeal, Saffron & Blush
Hair - Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Tan & Light Fawn
Dress, Necklace, Shoes & Rose - Burgundy, Ruby, Crimson & Lipstick Red
Belt - Antique Pink, Dusky Rose, Pale Pink & Muted Pink
Stalk & Leaf - Forest Green

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Crafting For All Seasons - Punches & Dies
Freshly Brewed - Hearts & Dots
Celebrate The Occasion - Happy Anniversary
By The Cute & Girly - Rose's Are Red

16 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love the papers you have used!
I'd leave it & see if David notices, bet he doesn't lol!!
Hugs Shell xx

Claire said...

This is a great card Kim, love the image and lovely papers. Hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Claire x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah its fabby Kim and I didnt notice the paper was upside down till you said!!I think you should leave it for David to work out your deliberate mistake!!! ;)

Love Hazelxo

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is fab. i love the red and white colour combo and punched border
Lisa x

Tammy said...

Oh, this is sooo cute Kim! I just LOVE that image and it's colored beautifully! Awesome design and papers... perfect for an Anniversary card! I hope you feel better!
Big hugs, Tammy

Sue B said...

This is gorgeous Kim… she's a sweetie and you've coloured her beautifuly! the papers are gorgeous… it's a perfect card for Anniversary! I didn't notice the paper being upside down!! LOL you shouldn't have said!!
Sorry your pain is so bad... I can sympathise totally... also with the increased medication... makes you sleepy and lethargic!!
Take Care hun and hope you feel better soon!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Janice said...

She's a lovely lady isn't she! Great card and lovely papers. Didn't notice the upside down hearts till you said so I think you may get away with it! So annoying when that happens! Jx

DesignerDiva said...

Thisis a great card Kim and I didn't spot the upside down paper! Just told Sue how much I love the image lol and she certainly looks good in red too!
Fab!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Carole said...

Super card Kim, great image & papers
Hugs
Carole xXx

Adrian said...

2 cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Judith said...

Fab card Kim - I don't think your upside down paper is a mistake - its a contrast ha ha hugs Judith xx

Céline said...

fun and gorgeous, love the image
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline

Unknown said...

LOL, this card made me laugh, I just love the image! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

Esther said...

Love that image. so fun!!! Fabulous card!!!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a fabulous Anniversary card, that great image and all the wonderful details keep your eye from the little mistake! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Happy Anniversary" Challenge :)

Marita said...

Gorgeous card and i love the image and papers♥.

Hugs, Marita