Friday 15 February 2013

Sparkles 'Lace It Up' Challenge

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well with everyone.

I have had the great pleasure of being asked if I would like to join the ladies at Sparkles Monthly Challenge and I had to think for all of two seconds before answering so thank you ladies for having me aboard your team. I can't wait to get to know you all.

So this month the challenge is 'Lace It Up' and our sponsor Floppy Latte Designs are offering a prize of $6 worth of digital images and also gave the design team some to play with. As I joined the team late I used an image I already had from Floppy Latte Designs called Lily Circle.

Floppy Lattes Digital Designs ::All Digital All The Time

I cut my image out three times and layered different parts of it up although you can't see it very well in the photo. I coloured it very softly and let the papers pick the colours out. I haven't added a sentiment as yet, it will probably be a mother's day card for one of my step grandchildren to give their mum but I like them to choose which card they want first. 

I used these lovely new papers from Papermania called Spots & Stripes - Pastels and some pretty new lace I got from my local craft shop Let's Create and teamed it with these green gems which have been in my stash forever!

Sorry this photo is rubbish but it is so dark here, I have tried all ways to take it but it just can't pick up the colours.
Supplies:-
6" Card Blank - Boyes
Card Stock - Bazzill
Medium - Letraset
Dies - Spellbinders Classic & Scalloped Circles
Lace - Let's Create
Gems - Stash

 Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:- 
Pinks - Budding Rose, Pink Mittens, Pale Blossom & Muted Pink
Greens - Pear Green, Green & Honeydew
Yellows - Lemon & Soft Lime
A close up of the image so you can see I did actually colour it!!

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Sketch 'n' Stash - Sketch
Ladybug Crafts - Pink & One Other
Stamp & Create - Spring Is Coming
There She Goes - Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Ribbon & Lace

Thanks for stopping by, please pop by the challenge blog and see what gorgeous creations the other girl's have made.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the team too Kim! I was so excited to be picked, my first DT position, lol!! Love the card, I thought you'd decoupaged it, so pretty.

Hugs
Brenda

Lisa Jane said...

whata pretty card ..love the lily..thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight

Tamara said...

very pretty card Kim! Love the pastel striped paper =) thnx for joining TSC!

Tamara

Julie said...

Such a cute card - don't you just hate it when just can't seem to get a good photo, no matter how hard you try - that always happens to me :-(

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our Anything Goes Challenge! Hope you can join us again next week!

Hugs

Julie x

Mau xx said...

Hi Kim thanks for calling by sweetie, I am still on hubby's laptop I am afraid :(
Love the card I so love this Lily image.
Congratulations on your new DT postition.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

DesignerDiva said...

I love your soft colouring Kim it's so pretty and the pastel papers are pretty lush too!
While I'm here cos I'm lazy...Thanks for playing along at LCI for our Pink +1 challenge and good luck
Laurie xx

Sylvia said...

The lily circleif fab, the papers are great too, I love the pastel shades in the Spots and Stripes papers. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylvia x DT

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful flower image. You did a great job with the sketch too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSG!

Ally said...

Kim this is awesome! love the colour combo and wonderful flower image! thank so much for joining us at sketch n stash.
love, alessandra

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is a gorgeous creation, have a great weekend huggles Pops x x x

Sarah said...

This is lovely!

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Judith said...

I love this image Kim - i'm a big fan of floral cards when theyre done well and this one is dfinitely done well hugs Judith x

stampingtink said...

This is so very pretty! Love the soft look of this image and your coloring. Great papers!Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll be back this next challenge!

Susan, TT DT

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the lily image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Lesley said...

Hi Kim, welcome to the team! A very pretty card! xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card. Love the lace and pastel colours. Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx