Thursday 2 June 2011

Crafty Sentiments 'Neutral Colours' Challenge

Good morning all. 

Today see another new challenge over at Crafty Sentiment Designs and this week our challenge is 'Neutral Colours'. I have never made a card or anything come to that in neutral colours before so found it really quite difficult to start but I ended up really enjoying it.

I used another of this month's new release called 'Primrose Autumn Leaves', isn't she cute? I added the little flower with button which I made after seeing one on Bev's Blog aka 'All The Things I Love' . I just gathered some seam binding and  then added my wooden button with embroidery thread and used hot glue to add it to my card. I think it is quite effective.


Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Craft Superstore
Designer Paper - DCWV 'La Creme' Stack
Image - Crafty Sentiments 'Primrose Autumn Leaves'
Sentiment - Crafty Sentiments 'Half Circle Celebration Set 1'
Medium - Promarkers
Embossing - Cuttlebug 'D'vine Swirls'
Ribbon - Seam Binding 'Candy Prize'
Wooden Button - Made By My Uncle.

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Paper Pretties - Sketch
Tuesday Throwdown - Make Your Own Embellishments
Divas By Design - Florals (Not sure but have 1 flower and plenty of leaves)
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
CES Challenges - Embossing
Colour Create - White, Cream & Brown (My leaves have brown but show to well)
A Spoon Full Of Sugar - Something Floral
Sweet Stampin' - In The Garden
Dream Valley - Stamp Something

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget all 6 of the new release are available HERE and the Martha Stewart Punches are still available at pre order price.

Lastly do stop by the Challenge Blog and see all the other creations that have been made this week.

8 comments:

Berry said...

This is fab Kim I struggled too with this to start with but you have made a super job and yes your flower is just fine for our Divas challenge whether it be one or many as in my case lol! Thanks for joining in hugs rebekah xx

Georgiana said...

Your card is so pretty. Good luck with the challenges.

Chris said...

I love the ribbon button flower, it's a great embellishment and looks super on the card.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Annette said...

Love this image, and the colours are really pretty and subtle. Adorable. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at 2 Sisters. Annette xx

Sheena said...

Wow - I love the colour and layout! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Vicky said...

Stunning Kim..! super cute image and great colours too hun..!

thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Kendra said...

Great job coloring with neutrals! That must have been a challenge! Thanks for playing at Dream Valley!

Christine said...

Great card!!! You're coloring is beautiful!