Tuesday 22 January 2013

Just For Fun Card

Good afternoon all. Our snow looks to be melting a little which is good as we are due to go off on holiday on Friday!

Whilst on Facebook last night I saw a challenge asking for 'Children's Valentine' and it got me wondering what I would make for this. Over here in the UK we don't send Valentine's cards to our children nor do we make them for our children for school friends so it kind of threw me.

I found this little bee cutting file among my files, it was actually a tag file made by My Scrap Chick and decided to turn it into a card. I used the scalloped base layer of it to mirror image it and then welded that together,  cut out of white card at 4", then cut the original scalloped base in pink. I made my bee and added enamel accents to the black parts to make it pop (sorry it is still a little wet in the photo). I cut the 'mine' from a Silhouette file.

Supplies:-
Card Stock - Bazzill
Enamel Accents - Ranger
Distressed Ink - Tim Holtz
Mine File - Silhouette

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Pink By Design - Children's Valentine
Creative Cutting - Valentine's
Pile It On - Have A Heart
Paper Creator's - Love Is All Around

That's all from me for today I will be back on Thursday with my Moving Along With The Times post. See you soon, stay safe and warm.

7 comments:

Gloria said...

I love your adorable card:) Thank You for playing along with us over at Pink By Design.

Danni said...

So very cute!

DesignerDiva said...

lol very clever Kim!! Love your little bee
Hugs Laurie xx

Grannymama said...

adorable card...love the bee. Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Cutting Challenges.

Carolyn
CCC DT

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Your card is soooo cute! The bee is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge!
Cindy
DT Leader

Migdalia said...

Simply ADORABLE!!

Unknown said...

Cute card!
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cutting Challenges!
<3 Pam, CCC DT