Thursday 7 May 2009

Card Positioning Systems & The Pink Elephant Challenges

I have been busy again today not sure how long it will last as my back is beginning to hurt already but for the time being I am enjoying the challenges.

The sketch at CPS really threw me as I did not know what to do with those circles at the bottom. Then just to make matters worse The Pink Elephant had circles and scallops, now I don't have any circle nesties so I cut my circle using my Fiskars Shape Cutter which was fine but what about the scallops. I only have oval or square scallop nesties so square it was. I also used a stamp which I don't think I have ever used since winning it some time last year, I stamped it three times and then layered it up (not that you can notice it).

Well here is what I ended up with and I am really not sure if I like it lol.
For the card I used:-
Craft Superstore 6" square card blank
Papermania Amethyst Infusion backing paper
Coredinations So Mod for matting
Papermania stamp (name unknown)
Coloured with Promarkers
Sentiment stamp free with Creativity magazine
Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder
Xcut wave die
Sticky ribbon was a freebie from a magazine
Button from stash.
Would love to hear your comments on what you REALLY think of this card as I am still unsure if I like it or not.
Kim xXx




10 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

super card,hope your back pain soon goes,
hugs
Angie

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kim,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Robin said...

I think your card is fabulous. For not knowing what you were going to do with the circles at the bottom, you sure did well by using buttons!! And the square nestie on an angle is fantastic too! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week.

Elise said...

Great use of complimentary color and it looks to me like you nailed the sketch quite well! Lovely work!

LORi said...

Super Nice card!!

Carol said...

Super job with the sketch, lovely bold colours too...thanks for joining our challenge at TPE :)

Hugs
carol x

Annie said...

I think this was quite a hard sketch - well I know I looked at it and couldn't quite get my head round it. I think you did a great job - the buttons are a great addition and I love your central image.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Lea L. said...

Very cute card!! I love the color combo you used, and the dry embossing is wonderful! Great job with CPS 114!

~Lea

Kathryn said...

Very pretty card -- lovely color combination!

I hope your back starts to feel better soon! :)

Dawn said...

Your card is darling! I love these colors together!