Thursday 3 March 2011

Crafty Sentiments Designs 'Birthdays' Challenge

Good morning, this is going to be a quick post as I forgot to write today (Wednesday) and now it is bedtime!

Today see's a new challenge over at Crafty Sentiments Designs and this week we are challenging you to make a project with the theme 'Birthdays' and as it is nice and easy I hope to see lots of entries.
I decided to use 'Mushroom Bear' for my card this week and a colour scheme I have never used before but really do quite like.
I used the sketch from Create 4 Fun Challenge Blog.


Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Craft Superstore
Cardstock - Paper Mill Shop
Designer Papers - Papermania 'Summer Bloom'
Medium - Promarkers
Gems - Papermania

I had a few people as why I didn't add a close up to show the Promarker work more easily so as requested here is a close up of the image colouring.


Promarkers Used:-
Bear - Tan, Cinnamon, Dusky Pink
Mushroom - Red, Poppy, Tan, Cinnamon & Cocoa
Grass - Lime
Pebbles - Cool Grey 2
Flowers - Rose Pink & Cocktail Pink
Butterfly - Carmine

Thanks for stopping by and it really wasn't such a short post was it lol. Please stop by the challenge blog and see the other designers work as well as to join in the challenge.

9 comments:

Berry said...

Ooo Kim I love your corners I have just ordered some similar just awaiting their arrival!!! This is a super cute image too love the colours hugs Rebekah xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Mushroom bear card Kim, love the corners too and the colours work really well....JO xxx

Bev said...

Gorjuss card, mushroom bear is so cute. And the papers are gorjuss xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is such a sweet card I love that image and the colours are brilliant, Hazelxoxo

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Kim, love this bear, he is so cute and I really love the colours you used. Hugs xxx

pinky said...

Kim this is very classy, love your colouring and the gorgeous corners:) Hope you are keeping well.

Doreen said...

Love the colours here and the corners are fab.xxx

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card!

Tracey said...

I love the colour combo too. Such a cute image....great card!