Wednesday 8 January 2014

Silhouette Challenge 'Anything Goes' Challenge

It's the eigth of the month and time 
for another post from me for the challenge over at

Ch# 9 Anything Goes
Begins: Wednesday, January 1
Ends: Friday, January 31

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Sponsor this month is:
Butterfly Kisses Stamp Set by My Craft Spot

Ok so this month I am sharing with you the ornament I made for my new granddaughter at Christmas. I have made these for all the great grandchildren in the family but I think I like this one the best. 

I printed her photo onto photo paper twice and backed them together and placed them into the ornament along with fine glitter for snow. I am not sure why the photo looks small in there but it actually fills the whole bauble. I then used my silhouette cameo to cut the wording pink and some pink and white snowflakes which as you can see I scattered around trying not to cover her face too much. A piece of matching pink ribbon was added to hook it onto the Christmas tree. As soon as my daughter saw it she said she wants one each year with an upto date photo in to make Mia her own keepsake tree, I actually think that is a lovely idea. 
This is the front

This is the back
Supplies:-
Ornament - The Range
Photo Paper - Poundland
Glitter - Baker Ross
Vinyl - Freebie From A Local Sign Writer
Die Cut - Snowflake #51000 by Sweet Elsie

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
I will have a look later to see I can add this into any challenges, I haven't entered any in so long they have probably all changed.

That's all from me for today, have a good week and see you all soon.

6 comments:

Becky said...

How beautiful! I know your granddaughter is going to treasure this!

Pam said...

Beautiful ornament! Love the pink!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Julie Odil said...

This is just beautiful! I love that her picture is inside.

Nana said...

This fabulous Kim. I love the pic on the inside. Well done my friend. hanks for being one of our treasured DT members.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just stunning hunnie, love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Diane said...

What a fun project, love the idea.

Hugs diane