Saturday 8 March 2014

Silhouette 'Create Your Own Scene Card' Challenge

Good morning all, well the sun has finally found it's way through the clouds here in UK, I hope where ever you are it is getting better and not worse. This is my first post today to see my My Time To Craft post please look HERE.

For this challenge I decided to create a fish bowl card as an anniversary card for my husband, for those who don't know we keep marine fish in a tank a little bit larger than this but not quite as pretty lol. 

Anyhow I made this card by first sketching my sentiment and then cutting my bowl at 8" wide by 7.25" tall, I then cut an acetate front with a flap added to the top so that it would fold over and attach to another layer that I created in white to make what I think is known as a tent fold style of card. I used 3 different cutting files for all the fun little characters, plenty of ink on all my pieces before arranging with foam pop dots to give some dimension. I did try to take a sideways photo but because of the acetate it just was not possible. 

This first photo is taken before adding the acetate.

 This photo has the acetate layer attached as the bubble in the top left corner shows and if you look close you can just see it along the edge on the left hand side. 
Supplies:-
Card Stock - Bazzill 
Acetate - Stash
Fish In Bowl #39243 by Miss Kate Cuttables, Underwater Scene #30279 & Underwater Scene #30395 both by Sarah Bailey 

Please pop over and see the beautiful projects the other girls have made HERE.

9 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

I love this card! It's so much fun...

Georgiana said...

Fabulous scene!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! What a cool scene!

Julie Odil said...

Such a great scene! I love what you did! Julie, DT sister

Nana said...

I have seen a lot of fish bowl scene cards but this one is by far the best ever.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh WOW! I just love this hun, David will love it too!
Hugs Shell xx

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW Kim! I LOVE this... Such wonderful details! Looks real! :O)

Theresa (DT SISTER)

Pam said...

This is just adorable! I love all the bright colors!
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥
♥ DT for Silhouette Challenges ♥

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card! it is soooo adorable!