Friday 25 September 2009

Our Creative Corner, Winter Wonderland & Allsorts Challenges

THIS IS MY SECOND POST PLEASE SCROLL FOR THE OTHER ONE.
This afternoon I have had ago at decorating a candle. I have seen these on other people's blog's and thought they were going to be difficult so avoid them, how wrong was I, they are so easy. I did watch a couple of videos on You Tube before I started but I honestly think I could of managed without.
I will just mention that this was not a particularly good candle it has an off white colour to it, I asked my mum in law to get me a couple from the car boot to practice on so I didn't spoil any expensive ones and this has done the job needed.
I have continued the snowflakes around the candle and then stamped 'Christmas Wishes' on the opposite side to the image.
So what do you think? I have not wrapped it up as this one will stay on my desk just because...
Now just by chance this candle fits into three challenges these are Our Creative Corner Challenge where they have a colour theme of 'Light Pink, Hot Pink, Chocolate Chip & White', Allsorts Challenge who this week want us to use 'Snowflakes' and then Winter Wonderland Challenge whose theme is 'Hot Chocolate'


Supplies:-
Candle - Car Boot
Image Stamp - Sugar Nellie 'Hug In A Mug'
Snowflake - Unknown
Medium - Promarkers
Gems - Kanban
Tissue Paper - Poundland
Greaseproof - ASDA

9 comments:

Teri said...

What a fabulous job you made of it!
Must try that myself one of these days.
Thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Karen Tallon said...

What a star! You've done a magnificent job on this Kim, Well done xx

Georgia said...

Oh, this is beautiful Kim! This is a fab idea, love the cute image! It would make such a lovely Christmas gift, I love it! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Jules said...

Hi Kim

What a beautiful creation. It is so beautiful that I just know I wouldn't be able to burn it!

I have never tried decorating a candle.

Thank you for playing along with the Allsorts Challenge this week.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

What an awesome project! Thanks for playing along with us at OCC this week!!!

Danni said...

Very nice!

Teri said...

Kim ... this is so lovely! Just perfect for our challenge!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Kim

This is gorgeous I really want to try this

Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

hi Kim,
What a good job you have made getting that beautifully coloured image on to the candle. My first attempt at this was nowhere near as good as this.
hugs,
Fiona x