Thursday 5 November 2009

Create 4 Fun, One Stop Crafts & Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential Challenges

Here is a card I made yesterday after seeing a plea on Crafty C's Crafting Library blog, Claire posted this message

'Daniel is 12 on the 7th November and is on the Autistic Spectrum. He doesn't socialize and loves recieving your handmade cards. As most will know, for the last 2 years I have asked if some of you could send a card for him to open and the response has been overwhelming. He recieving nearly 100 last year. I think he enjoys this more than the presents. Love watching his face light up. He started a boarding school for Autistic Children in Sept and although he misses home, is slowly settling in and we do get him back every weekend. So if you could help, I'd truly appreciate it.'

and as before I had my accident I used to teach special needs children how could I not oblige. I used the sketch from the Create 4 Fun Challenge, then One Stop Crafts Challenge have the theme of 'Newspaper/Text/Script/Writing' for which I hope my speach bubble fits and lastly Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential Challenge have the theme this week of 'In So Many Words'.



Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Craft Superstore
Designer Papers - Shabby Princess
Cardstock - Sizzix
Stamp & Wording - Unknown came in a cnady win
Medium - Promarkers
Die - Nestabilities 'Classic & Scalloped Ovals' & Cuttlebug 'Slider'
Ribbon - Dovecraft

5 comments:

Mandy said...

lovely card..love the image so cute..and such a lovely idea to brighten Daniels day..
Mandy xx

jude said...

Love your card hun what alovely idea ,if i get chance with everything going on if you could let me have the addy will get one out ,another card added to lazhiemers list wont hurt plus hoping it brings him so much pleaseure is the best gift of all.
Thanks for your message im so pleased funding contiues to grow.
hugs judex

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Kim!! This is just adorable!! What a really sweet image and I adore that ribbon!!! Fabulous creation and thanks so much for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight this week hun!! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet card Kim!! I love the image and the ribbon is perfect. Your use of the words for the Sat. Spotlight is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week.

Karen Tallon said...

awwwwww Kim that card is gorgeous Daniel will absolutely adore it. You've done a brilliant job on this one my friend xx